Saturday 25 July 2015

Pink Abutilon; Malvaceae;


Change in all things is sweet. Aristotle



Change is sweet, a garden with its seasons is the perfect backdrop for change. It changes with the wind, with the sun and with the rain and in the cold climate even with the snow. It changes with a handful of scattered seeds. It changes with the footprints of the gardener; Ts

The Gentle Gardener

I'd like to leave but daffodils to mark my little way,
To leave but tulips red and white behind me as I stray;
I'd like to pass away from earth and feel I'd left behind
But roses and forget-me-nots for all who come to find.

I'd like to sow the barren spots with all the flowers of earth,
To leave a path where those who come should find but gentle mirth;
And when at last I'm called upon to join the heavenly throng
I'd like to feel along my way I'd left no sign of wrong.

And yet the cares are many and the hours of toil are few;
There is not time enough on earth for all I'd like to do;
But, having lived and having toiled, I'd like the world to find
Some little touch of beauty that my soul had left behind.” 
Edward guest


©Photos/mygarden/ some Text Ts




No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn;

In the southern hemisphere, bees have the opportunity to collect pollen and nectar throughout the year.  Camellia japonica. Mayb...